Monday 29 October 2012

The Daffodil Supper Club

It's booked... and there's no going back!
So, here it is; my big fund raising project for 2013!

I am hosting a pop-up eatery, named...

 "The Daffodil Supper Club"




I have hired 40 Alfred Place, enlisted the help of friends and family and am hosting 2 evening events over the St David's day weekend. The purpose is to raise money for Alzheimers research (whilst living out my fantasy of running a mini-restaurant without actually leaving the day job I love or needing to re-mortgage my house!) I'm so excited!

So, if you'd like to pay me a visit, here are the details:-

On Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd March 2013 I will be serving up a menu of 3 set courses.
The cost is £25 per head to include a complimentary glass of wine / soft drink and cup of tea/coffee.
To reserve a place(s) you will need to pay a £15 per head deposit to my JustGiving page and state your name(s) and which night you'd like to attend.
The remaining £10 per head is payable in cash only on the night.
Please also state if you require the vegetarian alternative.
I am not entirely sure of the bar situation yet - it will either be BYO or a reasonably priced bar - this will depend on the license and I will update this asap.


The menu, on both evenings, will be this (or something very similar) :-


"Colours of the flag" nibbles,
a glass of wine or
a non-alcoholic "dragon's blood" fruit cocktail
............
Posh Welsh rarebit
............
Welsh sausages and mash
(Pork&Leek and  Lamb&mint sausages
served with braised leeks and creamy mash)
............
Warm triple chocolate and nut brownies
served with Welsh ice-cream
............
Teas / Coffees


So, I think that's all I need to say for now; except to tell you exactly where this place is:-
One of the many, many reasons I love Bristol is that it has the world's only permanent empty restaurant that you can hire as a "pop-up"...!



40 Alfred Place,
Kingsdown,
Bristol,
BS28HD



Much love and "Iechyd da!" (good health) to you all...! 

Jo xxx


2 comments:

  1. What would the veggie option be please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Sorry it's taken a few days to get back to you. I have been thinking really hard about a good vegetarian alternative. Given that the starter is a cheese-based thing I wanted something different from Glamorgan sausages. I also wanted to keep the sides the same as for the meat-eaters (mashed poatato/braised leeks) so I think it will be a vegetarian pastry-topped pie of some sort. I don't know the exact flavour(s) but I will be discussing options with a few chef friends and deciding fior certain very soon. Thanks for your enquiry, Jo :)

    ReplyDelete